September 14-17, 2020
The US–Japan Healthcare Connection, a collaboration between U.S. Japan Medtech Frontiers (USJMF) and The Japan Society of Northern California (JSNC), is proud to announce the 2020 Virtual Japan Trade Mission and Roadshow for Medical Device Companies. Founding Member and long-time supporter of USJMF, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati (WSGR) is leading the application process of recognizing up to thirty U.S. based emerging growth companies this year to present to Japan. Since 2014, USJMF has provided this service to early stage medtech companies as part of USJMF’s in-Japan Medtech Week series of events. (2020 would have been USJMF’s seventh annual Japan medical device innovation week.) Due to COVID-19, the mission will focus on meeting and getting to know potential Japanese partners, investors, distributors, and others in the Japanese medical device ecosystem in a virtual setting.
The Program Details and Its Benefits
All participating companies will have the opportunity to present on one of the four days of the webinar:
- Each company will have twelve minutes for a bilingual (English and Japanese) PowerPoint Slide presentation.
- The simultaneous Japanese translation will be provided on a secondary zoom channel.
- The four days will be broken up into different healthcare verticals/indications of primary interest to help focus the appropriate audience for each presenting company.
- Following the two-hour group of company presentations on each day, each presenting company will be provided a bilingual (Japanese and English) moderator and “Zoom break out room” with a smaller group of interested attendees for a “live Q&A” meeting. The attendees will be vetted by USJMF.
- In a follow up with each presenting company, USJMF, JSNC, our members and sponsors will assist with specific introductions desired by the company and by registered attendees.
Applications are now open for our 2020 program:
This is a unique opportunity for early and emerging growth startups to be showcased and gain access to Japanese stakeholders including investors, advisors, customers, distributors, and industry leaders.
Who Should Apply?
All early to mid-stage medical device, diagnostic, or digital health companies are encouraged to apply. We do not charge or take equity for participation, and there is no application fee. Presenting companies will be offered a discounted membership in USJMF and in return will receive all of the benefits of this program, including, a translation of the audio for the company’s presentation into Japanese.