The White House announced that President Joe Biden has signed an Executive Order to launch a National Biotechnology and Biomanufacturing Initiative that will ensure United States-based inventions can be made in the United States.
Announcement from The White House
Today (Sept. 12, 2022), President Biden signed an Executive Order to launch a National Biotechnology and Biomanufacturing Initiative that will ensure we can make in the United States all that we invent in the United States. This Initiative will create jobs at home, build stronger supply chains, and lower prices for American families. On Wed., Sept. 14, the White House will host a Summit on the National Biotechnology and Biomanufacturing Initiative during which cabinet agencies will announce a wide range of new investments and resources that will allow the United States to harness the full potential of biotechnology and biomanufacturing and advance the President’s Executive Order.
The initiative will:
- Grow Domestic Biomanufacturing Capacity
- Expand Market Opportunities for Bio-based Products
- Drive Research and Development (R&D) to Solve Our Greatest Challenges
- Improve Access to Quality Federal Data
- Train a Diverse Skilled Workforce
- Streamline Regulations for Products of Biotechnology
- Advance Biosafety and Biosecurity to Reduce Risk
- Protect the U.S. Biotechnology Ecosystem
- Build a Thriving, Secure Global Bioeconomy with Partners and Allies