Protransit Nanotherapy, a member of Bio Nebraska, is recruiting a Product Development Scientist. ProTransit Nanotherapy is an Omaha-based biotechnology company that plans to fully commercialize a unique and patented nanoparticle drug delivery system called Pro-NP™.
- Work with senior management to develop products based upon ProTransit’s unique and patented Pro-NP™ polymeric nanoparticles. This work entails creatively developing Pro-NP™ in various formulations and then determining the effectiveness of the resulting product for specific applications. During the product development cycle, this person will develop and implement encapsulation, stability and QA/QC protocols and then demonstrate the performance of Pro-NP™ products under a variety of storage, stress, and clinical conditions. This work may be performed in conjunction with another company or contractor that specializes in nanomedicine products.
- Work with senior management on the scaled-up production methodologies and test methods for sale of products from ProTransit or other outside production facilities.
- Assist senior management in building collaborative research with various outside companies or universities to expand the uses of Pro-NP™.
- Prepare documents, compile data, and issue reports in conjunction with management team.
- Assist the management team in the preparation and submission of grant applications.
- Prepare and present research and development data to potential investors and shareholders
- Assist as requested in fundraising activities, strategic planning and FDA compliance issues
- Education: Master’s or Ph.D. in biological sciences, preferable majors include biomedical engineering, nanotechnology, pharmacology, process development, etc. Training in statistical analysis, scientific writing, and experimental design required.
- Experience: Although not required, strong preference for 3-10 years experience in industrial biomedical product development and launch. Some interaction with FDA compliance requirements is a bonus. Supervisory experience preferred but not required. Business development experience is an added positive for consideration.
- Potential: Ability to develop into a strong senior technical leader for a dynamic, rapidly growing biotechnology company. Ability to rapidly become an independent driving force for all technical aspects of ProTransit Nanotherapy.
- Location: the Omaha, Nebraska area.
- Compensation: Competitive salary, equity and benefits commensurate with education and experience of the selected candidate.
Company Vision and Culture
ProTransit Nanotherapy is a nanotechnology drug-delivery platform technology biotech company located in Omaha, Nebraska. The core technology and patents focus on a novel sustained-release PLGA nanoparticle that hosts a wide range of actives and exhibits excellent penetration and sustained-delivery of cargo via numerous routes of administration. The company is laser focused on specific applications that demonstrate unmet medical need with high upside potential. We believe that our novel delivery system will be market disruptive and improve the public health by delivering superior outcomes with fewer side effects. An agile company, ProTransit thrives on analytical and critical thinking and is looking for creative independent problem-solvers that are ready to hit the ground running in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.