Bio Nebraska and Bio Nebraska Foundation are excited to launch the Women in Bioscience Scholarship for the 2024-2025 academic year.
The scholarship is designed to empower and support women pursuing a bioscience-related field of study by providing financial assistance, mentorship, and recognition to exceptional students committed to the biosciences.
This scholarship is open to women in Nebraska who are pursuing an associate or undergraduate degree in a bioscience-related field at a Nebraska university, college, or community college as a freshman or sophomore in the 2024-2025 academic year. Up to four $2,500 scholarships will be awarded.
Applications will be accepted starting February 1, 2024, and must be received before 9:00am CDT April 26, 2024. Recipients will be announced in June 2024.
Applicants for the Women in Bioscience Scholarship must:
- Be a Nebraska high school senior or college freshman and Nebraska resident;
- Be accepted for enrollment at a Bio Nebraska-approved two or four-year Nebraska college, community college or university as a full-time student in a course of study in a bioscience-related field;
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.2; and
- Exhibit professional aspirations to work in the bioscience industry through an essay.
Application documents shall include the following:
- Completion of all fields on the online application form;
- Copy of official school transcript*;
- If a high school senior, copy of official college/university acceptance letter*; and
- Two signed recommendation letters with no more than 1,000 words per letter – one of which must come from an applicant’s teacher in a bioscience-related field*.
*All required documents are to be uploaded to the application form. Recommenders who require their letter of recommendation to be submitted directly, please send to [email protected].
Bio Nebraska Approved Scholarship Schools:
- Central Community College
- Chadron State College
- Creighton University
- Doane University
- Metropolitan Community College
- Midland University
- Northeast Community College
- Peru State College
- Southeast Community College
- University of Nebraska at Kearney
- University of Nebraska – Lincoln
- University of Nebraska Omaha
- Wayne State College
Applications must be received before 9:00am CDT on April 26, 2024.
The Women in Bioscience Committee will review each application and make final decisions.
Selected recipients must submit their official fall class schedule to Bio Nebraska to receive their scholarship. Funds will then be sent directly to the school bursar to cover expenses (tuition, books, room & board) during the the student’s first year. Failure to provide the official class schedule by the deadline will result in forfeiture of the scholarship.